Summer 2017 Spots Closed
Hiring for 2017-18 In-Season (September-April)
USA Hockey’s National Team Development Program (NTDP) and USA Hockey Arena seeks a part-time or full-time Sports Communications intern or volunteer to join our Communications Department. The intern or volunteer hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team. This internship may be completed for college credit.
- Assist with game night communications operations (stat crew, social media, press box operations, recap writing, etc.). This is required for the position.
- Work with the Manager of Communications to ensure components of various Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) campaigns are being completed and evaluate
- Generate weekly public relations content for the NTDP and USA Hockey Arena communication platforms (website, social media, e-blasts, etc.)
- Develop story pitches for local media regarding USA Hockey Arena programs/events and NTDP games, players, coaches, etc.
- Help manage the NTDP’s and Arena’s various social media platforms.
- Assist with graphic design as needed
- Update the USA Hockey Arena and NTDP websites as needed
- Serve as a photographer for certain events
Skills and Qualifications Desired (Not all required)
- College student majoring in sport management, communications or marketing desired
- Familiarity with all aspects of social media
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Understand how to write copy for web platforms and manage websites
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Flexible work schedule (some nights and weekend events)
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Kris Nolt, Manager of Communications at email@example.com.